The Director of Traditional Music at League City United Methodist Church in League City, Texas, will primarily focus on the 11 am Traditional Service. This role involves leading the choir and congregation in time-honored hymns and liturgical music, coordinating with instrumentalists like the organ or piano. The Director of Traditional Music is a long-term position within a vibrant faith community that places a high value on music as a conduit for spiritual connection. When the choir is not providing an anthem, the Director of Traditional Music is responsible for arranging or providing a solo, ensemble, or instrumental performance to take the place of the anthem.
· Direct the choir and lead the congregation for the 11 am Traditional Service
· Select and arrange hymns and liturgical music
· Coordinate with vocalists and instrumentalists (including established groups such as JuBellate Ringers or ad hoc groups as needed.)
· Conduct rehearsals to prepare for services
· Engage with musicians to create a vibrant experience of musical arts during worship.
· Collaborate with church leadership on special musical projects or events
· Oversee the management of equipment and music inventory for musical aspects of traditional worship services
· Marketing the choir as well as other opportunities for musical participation in traditional worship services.
· Provide anthem titles to pastor and church secretary two weeks in advance of service.
· Provide direction and resources to choir members so that they are well prepared for rehearsal by utilizing Planning Center Online to communicate anthem titles and musical offerings to all stakeholders.
· Other appropriate duties as assigned by the Pastor or Staff Parish Relations Chair.
Please use the button below to submit your application for the job. Contact Pastor Peter Cammarano at email@example.com if you have any questions.